PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Stress-Free To-Dos

My world seems to be spiraling out of control - well, not my entire world.  My half-marathon training is going perfectly.  Every time I hit the pavement I surprise myself, running 4 miles last weekend!  My time is getting faster and faster each time - I'm at an 11 minute-mile.

Now, here's where my world starts crumbling - the kitchen.  As I run faster, I begin throwing food in my mouth faster.  The story in the kitchen is pretty unfortunate.  I can't stay out - just eating anything and everything I can get my hands on; ice cream, Cheetos, crackers, pudding, chocolate - anything.

I've been trying to figure out why I am letting my diet get out of control.  The winner, STRESS.  I am so stressed out by my job, cooking, cleaning, getting sleep, sending out resumes... the list goes on.

A close second place, I'm afraid of being skinny.  Because I am burning so many calories with my half-marathon training my brain has apparently decided to overeat to make sure I don't lose weight.  Last week I ran a total of 10 miles and cross-trained for another hour, but somehow I gained almost 2 pounds.  Of course when I say 'somehow' I mean... by eating ice cream, cheetos and crackers.

Last month I wrote about my chocolate escape - eating to escape the reality of life.  A lot of my wonderful blog readers supporters urged me to write a list of things I could do instead of binging.  I did just that!


When something other than hunger sends me to the kitchen I will look at my 'Stress-Free To-Do' list instead.
1. write
2. dance
3. take a walk, at least to the mailbox
4. get out of the house
5. head to the gym
6. read
7. bubble bath
8. scrapbook
9. organize something

Photobucket

12 comments:

beerab

Love your chart it's cute :)

I would add on there "take a nap" as sleeping is my next favorite thing to do after eating ;) I've found when I'm hungry at night it's my body's way of saying "I AM TIRED!" So I just go to bed.

Food Addict

Bee- that's hilarious! I actually almost put that as my 10th thing. The only problem is I HATE SLEEPING! Well, we have a love/hate relationship... sometimes I need it... other times I feel like I'm spending my entire life sleeping.

Cesca Peroni

Great idea! I think I need one of these too. I suppose the extra activity will take some time getting used to, but I'm sure you can do it :)

xo

Anonymous

Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. This is a great idea, the "stress-free to-do" list! I need to make one of these.

Food Addict

Cesca - can I just say that I love your name!! My husband calls me "cesska" as a nickname for "Princesska." He came up with it years ago when we were young and bizarre! haha. I hope the list works... I'm in need of a big push every once in awhile!

Valier - Thanks for stopping by.. I am very excited to try this list. I'll let you know if it works!

Karen

Great job on the exercise! Wow:) I have to just put this out there - why is that food in the house?! Get rid of it. (Remember I am a big one for tossing the food before I eat it if it calls to me.) Give it away, throw it away. Go back to you apple idea. I LOVED that. Eat an apple. If you still want to eat, eat another. The crunch may be great for the stress.

Sharon

I'm with Karen. Until you are back on track, and maybe beyond that, get those foods out of the house. You are working too hard to sabotage yourself in that way.

The list is a good idea too and it works! I would add "find a new to you blog and read it from start to finish."

Brittany

The list is a great idea! Thank you for sharing that. I need to do that for myself, to keep me away from the kitchen when i'm bored and lonely.

Danielle

4 miles at 11 minutes/mile... aka you can run for 44 minutes without keeling over!?! I'm jealous!

Agreed with the "get rid of the bad food" comments. I didn't think I was that bad with food, in general, until I ate 1/2 a bag of dried banana chips in one sitting. UGH. I've decided I need to do like I keep telling other people - just don't buy it and it won't be around to tempt.

Having a big glass of water is one thing I find really helps, too. If I'm hungry, I'll drink a big glass of water and wait 10 minutes. Sometimes I'm still hungry, so I'll make myself something. More often than not, though, I'll feel completely full and satisfied after the water. And if you're doing lots of running, etc., your body definitely needs the extra hydration!

Stephanie

The list is such a great idea (puts down cookie) Thanks for sharing!

Anna

Another great idea... you are so creative! I had something similar when I was dealing with an eating disorder..basically things that could distract me or deter me from taking a destructive route. It really helps!

Sarah@LowStressWeightLoss

I use my 100 things that make me happy list for this!

There are certain ones on there I use over and over (candles, bath, reading, nap, walk, tea, etc)

http://lowstressweightloss.com/blog/relax/things-that-make-me-happy

Post a Comment