PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

In It to Win It!

I am really excited because I have joined my first online support group!  I'm lucky to have come across Summer Diet Buddies - so special thanks to Diet Buddy who is behind the Summer challenge!

Everytime I set up a goal or challenge for myself I am always only accountable to one person - me.  I think it is easier to give up when you don't have anyone to answer to.  That's one of the reasons I'm really excited to be part of this group.  The other reason - inspiration!!  I need all the help I can get, and to hear other people's stories, triumphs and failures is really helpful.

The challenge lasts through September 7th, that's just about eight weeks (by the way, you can sign up anytime... head over to Diet Buddy's page to do so).  These are my goals for the next 8 weeks:

-Lose 10% of my body weight.  That's 16 pounds and totally doable because it's two pounds a week.
-Work out a minimum of 4 times a week and up to 5 times.
-Keep a 100% accurate list of my calorie intake
-Only weigh myself on Mondays
-Be able to run 5 miles (to prep myself for December 1/2 marathon!)

I really think I can accomplish these goals.  While thinking about them this morning I debated with myself whether or not to make them easier (specifically the weight loss goal) just so I could accomplish my goals.   But I've decided it's better to reach for the stars than to set myself up to do less than I actually can.  Ah, wish me luck.  I can do this - seriously, in it to win it for myself.

4 comments:

Karen@WaistingTime

I love that you are reaching for the stars. It reminds me of this quote that someone left on my blog this weekend: "Shoot for the Moon, even if you miss you will land among the stars!" I will wish you luck even though you and I know that luck really has nothing to do with it. Sigh.

Anonymous

I think your goals are fabulous! You can do it!!!!! I'm looking forward to following along with your progress!

Anonymous

Great goals!!!

Food Addict

Thanks for the support!!!

Post a Comment